You will find here various ideas for local activities, from the very traditional tried-and-tested to the most innovative.
- Contact newspaper to write a story on WGW
- Contact newspaper to publish an article or editorial that you have written
- Contact radio station to cover the WGW
- Contact TV channel to cover the WGW
- Dissemination of information and promotion of glaucoma awareness
- Organize open-door day at your institution.
- Post on website, blog or newsletter relevant material advertising the World Glaucoma Week.
- Distribute (at your clinic / institution / at a public venue) printed material advertising the World Glaucoma Week, or other relevant brochures.
- Submit to the Drishti Connect website selected parts of a patient’s journal or interview for publication / dissemination by others.
Public educational events
- Organize patient-educational conference at my institution or at a public venue (conference or community hall, charity meeting, place of worship, etc.).
- Invite a prominent patient, or a patient support group to have a conference at my institution.
- Organize free screening day at your institution.
- Organize free screening at public venue (mall, market, place of worship, town hall, community center, etc).